Many people find curious the process on how to make a webpage for free, without having to go through the technical and frustrating work of a programmer. It is no easy task to go through years of computer courses and learn how to manually code scripts in order to make a website. These days however, there is no need to go that far. Now there are simpler ways to make a webpage for free. Below are a couple you steps you may follow to do so.
- First and foremost you need a place for your website to be hosted on. There are many website hosts willing to let you make a webpage for free. Depending on the host, you will receive bandwidth, disk space, and advertising offers. Choose the host that can cover your needs best.
- Next, depending on the host you picked, you can configure the site on the control panel, which they provide. Hosts usually have pre-built themes in which you can edit, add files, and tweak to showoff your website’s content.
- Personalizing your provided domain comes next. This step is one of the most important parts in making your website. Choose a name that will best relate to your site and attract visitors.
- Finally, you will need to deliver your goods online. Some hosts will restrict you from uploading too much data, so do your best to try and balance the content within the maximum transfer limit. Transfer the files you want and prepare it on the website for all to see.
- Disk space is limited so choose the files you want uploaded wisely.
- Bandwidth can be limited as well so try to avoid hosting heavy files that visitors can download.
- Advertisements are not controllable by you. This can cause unsightly ads to pop up all over your site.